Tuesday, July 31, 2007

on a personal note...


Today/yesterday** would have been my dad's birthday. I wish I had more or different pictures of him to share, but my computer completely crashed and fried in May and I lost everything. Luckily, this was stored on my website...it's one of my favorite pics of us together at my wedding.

Happy Heavenly Birthday Daddy...I miss you more than words can express.

love always,
Anjee

**My dad had two birthdays, lol. He celebrated on both the 30th and 31st of July. Why? Because he was born at home back in the olden days and when his mom and dad went to go get his birth certificate about a month later, they couldn't agree on which day he was born! His mother swore it was the 30th and his dad swore it was the 31st. Everyone in the family always celebrated his birthday on both days, depending on which day was closer to the weekend, lol. If both days fell on any of the two of Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, sometimes there would be a weekend party/family renunion time.

I always remembered his birthday as a kid as the 31st because my birthday fell on the first of a month. But, our family will tell you that Clyde had a 48 hour birthday starting on the 30th. ;)

2 comments:

Erika Cass Designs said...

Anjee, I'm so late seeing this post, sorry about that. I lost my mom in May of 2005. I miss her every day and know how you feel. I love that pic of you two together, it's beautiful! I have one similar to that of my mom and my dh at our wedding. :o)

Anjanette said...

Erika -
Oh hugs sweetie!! It's sometimes hard to imagine that it's been 2 years, doesn't it?? Seem like yesterday on some days.
Thank you so much for your sweet words.
Blessings,
Anjee